Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Goodbye

This probably won't come as a surprise to most of you, since it's been a month since I've posted, but the time has come to say goodbye to the Daily Shill.

As many of you know (since most readers are my friends and family in real life), I was recently hired as a full time Adult Services librarian. The job is wonderful, and I am always happy to go to work in the morning. However, I still have a year's worth of classes left on my Masters degree-- something I need for the job. Which means that on top of going to work 40 hours a week, I am taking two grad school classes (and doing all the homework associated with the classes...which is a lot). That leaves me with next to no time to do anything else. And the Daily Shill takes up a lot of time.

Additionally, I have seriously missed reading whatever books I want to. And while that's been more of an annoyance, now that I'm responsible for recommending books to others, I need to start reading books that I actually want to recommend. There's only so many times I can pull Packing for Mars off the shelf. In the past month, I've read a ton of books I've been meaning to read for ages (or books that just caught my eye). And it has been wonderful.

So thank you all for reading, for supporting me, for linking to my blog posts and liking my page on Facebook. When I finish grad school (now slated for December 2012), there's a chance I may start a new review blog. It won't be the Daily Shill, though. Liking the idea for a blog is not enough for me; I need to like the process as well. If I do start something new, I will post it here. Also, I post to the Chelsea District Library Adult blog about once a week (and there are other posts by the amazing librarians I work with). If you need an Emily-fix, visit there (or actually visit the library!)

And I'm not shutting this door completely. If I happen to read or see something that was promoted by the Daily Show, and if I happen to have the time and inclination to write a review, I'll post it here. And I kind of want to do another stream of consciousness blog. So, instead of goodbye, I'll say see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment